Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Testing and Quality Assurance (QA) covers a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery. Similar to industry trends, TD’s definition of this area of discipline (as well as skill and knowledge requirements) has changed over time. One thing hasn’t changed – experts in this area remain highly-marketable across businesses.
Some of our testing activities may focus on system integration, business acceptance, performance, operability and deployment verification. Quality Assurance activities, in contrast, give stakeholders information about product or service quality while allowing the business to appreciate and understand any implementation risks. Many Testing & QA Experts could be involved in end-to-end delivery of testing, or more focused on a specific discipline.
There’s room to grow in all of this.
About This Role
We need someone to provide expert advice, research, analysis and design of test plans, related strategies and test processes that are appropriate to the application, solution, project and/or business unit. As part of this role, you’ll be involved in moderate to highly complex projects.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Lead test planning, preparation and execution activities.
- Analyze, develop, debug, execute and maintain complex automated test cases.
- Be responsible for all project/ release testing (e.g. integration, business acceptance, performance, operability, deployment verification).
- Coordinate testing planning, support with partners (e.g. business, CIO group, Infrastructure).
- Lead documentation creation, review, sign-off (e.g. test strategies, plans, schedule, cost estimates, test cases, dashboards, defect logs, test phase closure reports, entry/exit criteria and gating).
- Apply risk analysis methodologies, tools that align with a project’s development approach.
- Prioritize testing tasks, ensure milestones, activities, tasks are completed as scheduled.
- May create and execute test case creation and execution to ensure team meets timelines.
- Ensure testing does not impact the production environment (e.g., file transmission scheduling), meets information security/privacy policies/guidelines.
- Chair daily defect status calls to ensure prompt, thorough documenting, tracking, testing. report on test planning, execution, defects to project team using standard test quality metrics.
- Lead relationships with project team, offshore teams, release teams, third-parties, clients.
- Build, maintain test environments. monitor, trouble shoot, triage, resolve issues.
- Co-ordinate code deployments, maintenance upgrades and project testing across numerous environments on various technology platforms.
- Follow established testing processes, in doing so, identify, assess, address, resolve and/or escalate, develop contingency plans as needed.
- Participate in audit reviews of test artifacts, ensure they meet standards and audit requirements, and are stored in the project site.
- Participate in gate reviews, testing activities and artifacts, ensure they adhere to gating criteria.
- Communicate, address scope changes that may impact testing (timeline, costs, risks).
- Promptly identify, notify, escalate, monitor issues, recommend solutions.
- Track financials.
- Identify, track resources needed to cover projects.
- Use tools to develop, maintain virtualized services, components, environments.
- Coach colleagues and act as a reference for the requirements management life cycle.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Experience supporting Performance Testing teams conduct advanced performance analyses after load tests are completed
- Ability to think analytically, organize observations and communicate effectively (verbally and through reports) when tracking performance issues down to root cause
- Capable of supporting, maintaining and extending in house performance analysis solutions utilized by performance testing teams
- 1 to 2 years of experience planning, scripting and executing performance test phases
- 1 to 2 years of experience using an APM tool (i.e. DynaTrace)
- 1 to 2 years of garbage collection log analysis experience (Java or .NET)
- Computer Science degree (or equivalent on-the-job experience)
- HP Loadrunner or Performance Center
- DynaTrace AppMon
- Garbage Collection Analysis
- Server/Host Capacity Analysis
- Strong understanding of the MVC Design Pattern
- Understanding of RESTful API design
- Understanding of DevOps and Agile Methodology
- Understanding of Three-tier web architecture pattern and Client-Server model
- Strong foundation in programming and scripting
- Should be able to adapt to and/or learn new programming languages
- Comfortable with writing HTML from scratch
- CSS and Dom selector queries
Nice to have skills:
- Apache JMeter
- Radview WebLOAD
- Parasoft LOADTest
- Any other APM tools (i.e. App Dynamics, New Relic)
- Knowledge of cloud computing
- IBM PMAT
- NodeJS Frameworks such as ExpressJS, KeystoneJS, SocketIO
- Bootstrap CSS framework
- Bit Bucket
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Writing SQL queries
- VBA for Excel
- Continuous Integration
- HP ALM
- XML, YAML and CSV
- Regular expressions
- Mocha and Chai
- Dos and Rhel Shell scripting
- CA DevTest
- Service Virtualization
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.