Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
As part of TD’s Canadian Marketing team, the Digital, Social and Content Marketing (DSCM) team is responsible for leading our digital marketing transformation. The team carries the mandate to build the digital marketing ecosystem to enable personalized 1:1 communications at all interactions with our customers. Leveraging a best-in-class content strategy, our personalized communications will ensure TD is delivering breakthrough creative and the best, personalized and connected experience for our customers. The second goal of the group is to drive leadership in all digital marketing channels across paid, owned and earned. This means that we will strive to enable best-practices in each channel, define the leading practices and beat competitive benchmarks. The primary goal of the group is to optimize the customer journey from start to finish, ultimately improving performance and driving ROI in each marketing channel for our business and channel partners.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Marketing Channel Strategy, the Manager, Programmatic Channel Strategy and Partnerships is accountable for developing strategies and driving adoption of best practices in programmatic and social advertising channels, including display, video, paid social, and new and emerging platforms that can be leveraged to drive media efficiency and ROI. This individual is also responsible for overseeing the success and evolution of our programmatic media and working with key strategic media and agency partners to identify and drive adoption of innovation opportunities aligned to Marketing business objectives. Success can be defined by having a clear strategy about how to move forward will accelerate learnings and marketing ROI across all businesses, enabling both competitive advantage and industry thought leadership in digital marketing.
Programmatic and Paid Social Strategy
- Act as a subject matter expert in programmatic media channels (Display/Video/Social) for the enterprise, responsible for strategy and best-practices to drive improved performance, supporting all marketing and digital channel efforts to ensure a consistent approach to winning in these channels
- Owns development and institutionalization of the winning in Display, Video and Paid Social playbooks and strategy
- Responsible for evolving TD’s programmatic strategy and overseeing execution of media delivery. Key responsibilities include overseeing the success of TD’s programmatic team and developing an engagement model with TD teams (performance marketing, marketing analytics, agencies) that ensures optimal execution of campaigns against TD programmatic strategy
- Lead the community of practice for Display/Paid Social by educating performance marketing teams on what targeting and optimization opportunities exist within these channels (e.g. changes to bidding algorithms), reinforcing best practices and how TD compares from a competitive perspective.
- Supports the annual planning process with strategic POV
- Provide Display and Paid social training and content curation to internal teams and key stakeholders as needed
Media Innovation and Partnerships
- Leads all POV’s on new tactics and tracks innovation initiatives, with a goal to identify the potential impact to digital marketing programs, highlight roadblocks and prioritize the need to adopt.
- Manages Joint Business Plans with key digital marketing partners, such as Google and Facebook and internal TD working teams focused on scaling innovation and best practices across teams
- Work with Governance and Control, privacy and legal partners to educate and assess the risk/reward of innovating in Programmatic & Paid Social
Drive Media Efficiency
- Own interaction models between performance marketers and our agency to streamline processes and identify cost efficiencies
- Responsible for ad platform ownership (DSPs, paid social) and overseeing overall account health and optimal setup
- Champion for media quality by focusing on brand safety, fraud prevention and a focus on viewable impressions. Ensures adoption and adherence to digital advertising best practices to ensure TD is operating best-in-class.
- Work with our Marketing analytics team to develop incrementality testing frameworks for measuring the true impact of programmatic and paid social channels/partners
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.