About TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com.
The Community Reinvestment Act (“CRA”) SBIC Senior Asset Manager optimizes performance of a growing equity investment portfolio in Small Business Investment Companies (SBIC) and economic development funds; identifies risk factors; ensures yields are tracked; and investments meet industry standard practices while conforming to all Bank and regulatory policies. The Asset Manager monitors and manages closed investments in SBICs and economic development funds for compliance with the investment guidelines and requirements of the Bank, CRA, the Volcker Rule, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) guidelines. The Asset Manager properly assesses and inputs data to Community Capital Group (“CCG”) internal reporting systems and to the database maintained by our external vendor – Burgiss. Other responsibilities include the production of routine reports to monitor performance, impairment and compliance to Bank management.
• Oversees and manages closed Bank investments in SBICs and economic development funds to ensure compliance with the investment guidelines and requirements
• Responsible for oversight and management of limited partnership investment information and communicates limited partnership investment information to a third-party service provider
• Responsible for the oversight and management of the accuracy of service provider information, and serves as point of contact for limited partnership investment related information for internal and external needs
• Responsible for oversight, and verification of investor capital call, redemption and distribution process, including accurate breakdown of LP distributions
• Responsible for oversight and management of timely, accurate, informative, professional reporting
• Responsible for oversight and management of monthly AUM reports
• Serves as a contact and resource for all internal and external requests for investment-related information
• Provides administrative support to the SBIC department head and Investment Officers for all SBIC investments
• Coordinates with other staff to create and maintain asset management files and records
• Coordinates effective communication among and maintains positive working relationships with Bank departments, Fund Sponsors and Regulators
• Keeps up to date with the SBIC investment market and regulation.
• Responsible for oversight, management and maintenance of information systems necessary for efficient analysis and reporting
• Responsible for verification and testing of records to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Provide oversight and testing of payment process
• Represent the Bank at industry trade conferences, volunteer organizations, and limited partner advisory and LP Board meetings
• Evaluates Fund Sponsor performance on an ongoing basis to ensure standards for investment quality and satisfactory equity returns are within the Bank’s tolerance levels
• Assists in the mentorship and development of junior staff professionals
• Provides valuation reporting to the CCG Asset Management Team Lead, as requested
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Finance or related business field. CPA or CFA accreditation is considered a plus
• 7+ years of related investment experience with lower middle market (LMM) mezzanine and LMM buyout funds is a plus
• Candidates should possess a strong knowledge of LMM mezzanine and LMM private equity markets
• Knowledge of related federal regulations for Bank investors, including CRA, Internal Revenue Service, OCC, Volcker Rule and other regulations is advantageous
• Proven ability to analyze financial statements, legal documents, partnership and subscription agreements, and IRR models.
• Proficiency in MS Windows network environment, to include MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of the key macroeconomic trends within the LMM mezzanine and LMM private equity industry and to a lesser extent the venture capital industry, as well as a willingness to expand knowledge where needed
• Demonstrated ability in building and sustaining business relationships both internally and externally
• Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated ability to work successfully with a wide range of people
• Proven ability to coach and mentor team members
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.