Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
The Credit Underwriting team reviews, analyses and approves credit applications to support various lines of business. We optimize credit opportunities for our customers by determining, structuring, packaging and authorizing credit facilities while adhering to credit risk policies and established guidelines.
Our Senior Underwriters assess the credit status of real estate secured lending customers, provide credit administrative and operational support and evaluate their financial portfolio while protecting the interest of the Bank. If you want to be a brand ambassador who can help strive efficiencies for the bank, then join our team and make an impactful contribution to TD and your own success
Are you passionate about jumping right into a significant job of providing professional level support in reviewing, analyzing and evaluating credit applications, in accordance with policy and procedures, to authorize credit for customers, within designated discretionary lending? We need someone who can collaborate with business partners by providing expert professional credit support, solutions, recommendations and advice through the credit adjudication process. If this sounds like you, then apply for the position of Underwriter IV to:
- Ensure all credit decisions (approval / decline) are fulfilled on a broad range of credit products efficiently and effectively, meeting service level agreements (SLAs)
- Provide credit support / solutions / recommendations / advice / alternative options when evaluating/analyzing credit applications for decisions in accordance with Bank policies and procedures
- May perform in‐depth analysis of a financial position through a thorough investigation of tax returns and / or financial statements, understanding any contingent liabilities, constructing a global cash flow analysis, and credit reporting documentation
- Prioritize and manage own workload to meet SLA requirements for service and productivity
- Consistently exercise discretion in managing correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality; escalate issues where appropriately
- Make well rationalized credit decisions within established standards and limits and adjudicate within compliance guideline
- Experienced level professional role with a focus on performing credit underwriting / adjudication on a board range of moderately complex to complex credit products
- Provide authorization required for credit adjudication based on the Bank’s Discretionary Lending limits criteria
- Advanced knowledge expert on complex credit products, end-to-end credit processes and systems for own specialized area
- Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Provide thought leadership and/ or industry knowledge for own area of expertise in own area and participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business unit
- Keep current on emerging trends/ developments and grow knowledge of the business, related tools and techniques
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.