Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Layer 6 is a leading Canadian machine learning applied research company, a fully owned subsidiary of TD Bank Group. Layer 6 develops advanced machine learning and deep learning systems that have the power to uplift large populations while advancing the field of artificial intelligence. Our research is supported by access to massive datasets, close collaboration with world renowned academic faculty, and a uniquely scalable machine learning platform.
Our technical capabilities have been publicly recognized through a number of wins in various international machine learning competitions, including the prestigious ACM RecSys Challenge (the only repeat winner in 2017 and 2018 and runner-up in 2019), Google’s Landmark Retrieval Challenge (2nd place in 2018, 3rd place in 2019), the Stanford Question Answering Dataset (2nd place in 2019), 3rd YouTube-8M Video Understanding Challenge (winner in 2019) and Open Images 2019 – Visual Relationship (winner in 2019).
We are looking for world-class engineers to tackle cutting-edge problems of applying Machine Learning in the real world. Join this team to develop a framework for machine learning models that have real world impact. The goal of the framework is to help our ML Scientists build robust and high performing models through providing a solid foundation and allowing for fast iteration.
As Machine Learning Engineer at Layer 6, you will work with ML Scientists to learn their modelling workflow, so that you can design abstractions and build components that can be combined to build high quality models. You will work with ML Platform team to make sure these models can be trained and deployed on our computing infrastructure, taking advantage of cloud technologies like Kubernetes.
– Experience with building and scaling data-intensive software in Java
– You value good software design and sweat over details in code and API design
– Knowledge of machine learning modelling workflow
– You enjoy learning new technology and also educating others
– You strive to communicate clearly and with empathy
– You take great personal pride in building robust and scalable software
– You are highly accountable and have a strong sense of ownership
– Ability to do detailed code reviews and give thoughtful feedback
Nice to have
– Experience building a library or a framework
– Knowledge of machine learning algorithms
– Experience with Kubernetes
– Data analytics
– Comfortable with math or statistics
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.