Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
What does TD stand for? For starters, we believe in visionary leadership and insights. We believe in using every resource at our disposal to better serve our clients, and for almost every department, that begins with data.
As part of our Data and Analytics team, you’ll be a fundamental part of crafting business processes enterprise-wide by analyzing vast amounts of past and present data.
TD’s vision for the future? Tailored, customized banking products, services and experiences for every single customer. If you’ve been in business as long as we have, you know there’s no such thing as one size fits all, and a diverse, inclusive Data Analytics team is a massive part of that future achievement.
About this Role
While you are a natural leader, you don’t mind getting your hands dirty. And in your role, you will simultaneously work to create data related solutions to drive business results, while working with senior leadership to communicate timelines and progress and identify business opportunities. You are not only a functional expert, you also possess broad managerial experience and specialized knowledge of regulatory and industry frameworks, using that knowledge to inform development cycles and develop industry leading analytic solutions. Most of all, your work ethic and thought leadership inspires your team to innovate with purpose, execute with speed, collaborate to deliver world-class data solutions and ultimately become leaders themselves.
We are looking for someone to work as part of a trailblazing team of data scientists who create groundbreaking analytical solutions that improve our core work enterprise wide.
As a Data Scientist II, these are the essential qualifications of this role:
- Provide insight into leading analytic practices, designs and leads iterative learning and development cycles, and ultimately produce new and creative data solutions that will become core work you’re doing
- Work closely with business owners to find opportunities and serve as an ambassador for data science
- Design and deliver enterprise analytic solutions for stakeholders
- Participate in Workday implementation activities including discovery, design, configuration, documentation, testing, and project review sessions related to data conversion activities
- Facilitate data discovery workshops, downstream impact analyses and proactively manage stakeholder expectations
- Lead projects of moderate to complex risk and data requirements; may lead end-to-end data conversion activities
- Analytical thought leadership and staying ahead of developments in data mining and the application of data science
- Work independently as a senior lead and may manage and direct activities related to analysis, design and support of technical data management solutions on various projects ranging in complexity and size
- Conduct a range of data analyses, demonstrating your in-depth experience with very large datasets and big data technologies; assessing business information-related data requirements aligned to business needs and for specific data platforms, applications systems and servers
- Enterprise or functional expert, requiring broad managerial and deep specialized knowledge at the enterprise, business, regulatory and industry levels
What can you bring to TD? Tell us about your most relevant experience, credentials and knowledge for this role, as well as these essential requirements and attributes:
- Undergraduate degree or technical certificate
- Seven (7) or more years relevant experience implementing enterprise solutions with at least one full life cycle using Workday
- Sound conceptual knowledge in your area of specialty
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong programming skills in Python and PySpark.
- Comfortable in version control tools such as Git and knowledge of cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure.
- Experienced in working in Big Data Analytical environments/technologies (Hadoop, HIVE, Spark), with a deep understanding of data mining and analytical techniques.
- Experienced in working with relational databases.
- Strong knowledge of Human Resources, financial services, and banking products. Working knowledge of Human Capital Management is preferred.
- Out-of-the-box thinker who seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and independently, communicate effectively (both speaking and writing), follow instructions/direction, and help building relationships across teams and functions
- Act as a brand champion for our business area / function and TD, both internally and externally
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.