Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking makes the work our team does even more exciting than before. If being in a fast paced, innovative environment excites you then we would like to hear from you.
The Hosted Services group within IT Operations is accountable to provide operational support across multiple technologies like Network, Servers, SAN, Data Centre infrastructure, etc. This group is led by an AVP who reports directly into the VP of global Service Continuity Operations (SCO), for the TD Bank Group.
The Network L2 team is a part of the Hosted Services group and is accountable for all L2 support for TD’s networking platforms globally. This FTE role that will report directly into the IT Network Manager.
Our team works closely together with our L1 – 7/24 shift operations team as well as an L3/Engineering teams.
The primary focus of our team is to deal with incidents and take charge of other operational aspects of our network which includes tasks like: vendor management, operational readiness participation and intake, engagement in enterprise processes like Incident, problem, change, PIR, etc. We are looking for self-motivated and focused individuals who enjoy a fast paced environment requiring attention to detail and have previous strong experience in operations or the flair to be in an operations type role.
This FTE position is a highly technical hand-on keyboard role supporting various network platforms for availability, latency and incidents, while being engaged on operational readiness tasks. The position will be accountable to play a lead/advisor role, reporting directly to the Manager of the pod, while still being available and accountable to participate in day to day operational work like troubleshooting and fixing network issues across all platforms. This includes being nightly/weekend on-call rotation as and when needed.
As a strong technical leader with hands-on-keyboard skills, the ideal candidate in this role will possess the following skills and traits:
TR Position Key Job responsibilities:
- Strong leadership skills in troubleshooting complex incidents in a time sensitive manner and articulate technical issues concisely to senior management.
- Experience in using Automation as well as advanced network management tooling to help resolve incidents quickly and efficiently
- Be dependable, innovative, accountable, passionate, transparent and collaborative
- Strong knowledge of networking technologies and platforms including Cloud, SD-WAN, Wireless, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Routing and Switching, QoS, VoIP, Optical, Monitoring Tools, DHCP, DNS and CDN(content delivery), etc. New technologies like ACI and DNAC are a plus.
The right candidate for this role would be:
- An expert tier-3 network troubleshooter who not only possesses the attributes and experience listed for this position, but have the uncanny ability to quickly identify the problem and propose a solution to remediate
- Would be deep and wide in the platforms we desire and have tooling and script writing abilities
- Adept at analyzing network traces to find the root cause promptly
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.