Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
At TD, we don’t believe in standing still. We know the needs of our customers and employees can be met (and exceeded) with visionary leadership, continuous improvement and collaboration. Our Agile practitioners embody every one of those qualities, improving the way TD delivers legendary customer experiences and trusted advice. Our Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches provide support to teams across the bank, breaking down Agile methods and principles and implementing them in the right context. We foster an inclusive, collaborative project team structure using tailored techniques and best practices. Together, we deliver the foundation teams need to better communicate, innovate with purpose and execute with speed and predictability. We promote rigorous quality and multi-disciplinary collaboration throughout every project, informing the insights that raise the bar enterprise-wide.
Agile Coach I
Your reputation as an Agile expert precedes you, and you will leverage your insights and knowledge of industry best practices to guide and coach teams as part of TD’s effort to implement Agile methodology enterprise wide. Your hands-on coaching will help teams and business leaders get a deeper understanding of core Agile principles and practices around product management, conflict resolution and forecasting. Your coaching style provides the tools your peers need to tackle complex problems and operate in a variety of delivery environments. You own your space, and you help other teams own theirs, fostering a collaborative, inclusive environment that makes TD the better bank.
About This Role
We are looking for an Agile expert – someone who understands how to effectively coach and train a variety of teams / stakeholders, growing and building Agile capability across the organization. You have the ability to coach key stakeholders and team members in building highly effective feature based teams that support multiple disciplines.
Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Provide guidance to multiple Scrum Masters and teams on how to transition to and operate in scaled (or non-scaled) delivery environments and how to resolve complex problems, growing capability across the organization.
- Includes direct support of work mobilization activities (e.g., road map development, functional decomposition).
- Provide coaching plans and strategies to teams and individuals.
- Helps teams anticipate internal and external delivery challenges and find solutions through process, product or service improvements.
- Leverage significant in-depth expertise in Agile to help Scrum Masters resolve complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify unique and innovative solutions, interpret internal and external obstacles and recommend best practices.
- Drives continuous improvement of Agile practices and processes with an influence on industry best practices
- Ability to establish goals and objectives and contribute to the team’s overall direction;
- Advanced skill in mentoring, coaching, listening, providing feedback and performance management
- Skill in using computer applications including Jira and Confluence.
- Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and creativity in their approach to stakeholder engagement and works to support the Agile transformation agenda.
- Supports business and technology ownership to ensure their ability / agile competencies to complete key activities required for agile delivery, including roadmap and story map development and how those activities translate to traditional approaches such as functional decomposition and architectural alignment
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- Undergraduate or post graduate degree
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Certified Scrum Master in scaled Agile framework (e.g., SAFE) and 7+ years of Scrum Master experience
- Typically requires 10 years of Agile experience
- 5+ years’ experience as an Agile coach involved in large-scale Agile transformations
- Expert knowledge of Agile principles and practices, with extensive experience working in an Agile organization
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.