Risk Manager – Retail Risk Management, Credit Cards & Pers. Lending
April 17, 2023
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
The Group Risk Management job family is accountable for the development and implementation of TD’s risk management strategy, governance, policies, practices, programs, reporting and operating frameworks, regulatory affairs and operations associated with the Risk Management function.
Credit Risk serve/provide second line of defense oversight through review, analysis, inquiry, and discussion throughout the credit life cycle; roles focus on a comprehensive and diverse range of risk management expertise to the lines of business and control partners.
The TD Retail Risk Management Credit Card and Personal Lending (RRM CC & PL) Strategy team is responsible for the development and execution of CC and PL automated credit adjudication strategies and initiatives that assist our product partners to achieve growth and profitability targets while maintaining the overall credit risk quality of CC and PL lending portfolio and ensuring portfolio performance within risk appetite. Accountabilities include providing effective challenge on CC and PL Portfolio, as well as designing, implementing, and monitoring credit risk strategies.
This is an exciting opportunity reporting to the Senior Manager of Acquisition, Pre-approval Cross Sell Credit Cards Risk Management. The successful candidate will be a part of a dynamic and innovative team that is responsible for monitoring and challenging credit risk activities including managing the design, implementation, and monitoring needs of various Credit Cards new account origination strategies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Gain a deep understanding over complex automated credit deterministic systems and credit lending decision engines. Contribute to and lead the ongoing management of credit extension and lending frameworks design, implementation, and monitoring improvements and efficacy.
- Through advanced analytics involving big data – data collection, wrangling, and exploration – perform detailed analytics to identify opportunities to enhance credit extension and lending frameworks. Utilizing robust data on TD customers drive continuous improvements in the management of risk-based deterministic systems that produce high quality automated decision outcomes.
- Champion the development, design, testing, and monitoring / verification of automated risk processes.
- Dimension impacts of change proposals for automated risk decision systems. Ensure proposals are balanced and comprehensive, considering customer and risk impacts. Solutions must support management of risk and/or enable business growth within satisfactory risk parameters.
- Support the ongoing evaluation and use of predictive models in credit strategies to ensure effective use and application of various available models.
- Provide a broad range of risk analysis, reporting, monitoring and support to management and business partner requests and acting as a specialist/expert in providing guidance and advice on a range of risk related matters.
- Collaborate with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders including: Credit Cards and Personal Lending Product team, related Retail Risk teams, TD partner analytics support teams, Technology, and other Control functions.
- Lead all aspects of initiatives that drive risk efficacy and support business growth: concept ideation, project socialization with partners and senior management, preparation and documentation of formal proposal submissions, driving implementation, and managing governance requirements.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholder design and recommend solutions that improve the understanding and quantification of customer credit risk. Play an integral role in supporting engagement of senior management in socializing and gaining formal approval of recommendations.
- Through advanced analytics apply statistical techniques to proprietary data to identify features, characteristics, or signals that inform and enable discrimination of credit risk or serve as a leading indicator of potential change in credit risk in the customer populations. Support effective challenge on the stability and health of the Cards portfolio and strategies.
EMPLOYEE & TEAM
- Participate fully as a member of the team, supporting a positive work environment that promotes a culture of: gaining insights and learning, producing quality results, driving innovation, and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
- Contribute to a fair, positive and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce.
BREADTH & DEPTH
- Takes ownership of solving large, complex problems requiring analysis of multiple variables, including consultation with multiple stakeholders.
- Builds stakeholder alignment in leading projects and activities; may provide process and subject matter advice at senior levels.
- Superior understanding of data structures and platforms. Proficiency in SQL, SAS, Python, R, and ETL processing.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in analytics and data driven strategy design and management.
- Understanding of credit scoring models and working knowledge of regression and machine learning modeling techniques and applications.
- Understanding of bank core technology platforms and credit systems. Exposure to application interface software used in cross-environment data transfer connections is an asset.
- Acute attention to detail while moving at a fast pace.
- High proficiency in MS Office: Excel (including pivot tables, charts and graphics), Powerpoint.
- Previous Credit Risk Management experience in a financial institution. Very strong industry knowledge and understanding of consumer lending and retail landscape.
- Solid understanding of retail credit products, policies and processes. Ability to manage complexity and drive solutions to big challenges.
- Demonstrated analytical, reporting, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ownership mentality and can-do attitude.
- Strong writing, presentation, and communication skills accompanied by strong business acumen with ability to engage senior audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to influence and manage a very diverse set of stakeholders.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Flexibility and resilience to execute in an agile environment, including the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field, e.g.: MSc Statistical Science, Masters of Data Science, MSc in Management Business Analytics, Masters of Business Analytics, Masters of Management Analytics, or similar. 5+ years relevant experience or
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field, e.g.: Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Science, or similar. 7+ years relevant experience.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.