Sr IT Mgr Data/Info Mgmt/Data Modeling Distinguished Lead #DaaSHotJobs
Mount Laurel, NJ
January 10, 2023
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing over 9.8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at more than 1,100 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Auto Finance, a division of TD Bank, N.A., offers vehicle financing and dealer commercial services. TD Bank and its subsidiaries also offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.td.com/us. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US and www.twitter.com/TDNews_US.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; paid time off and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open.
• Manages a community of practice consisting of data modelers responsible for creating logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
• A specialist who ensures a holistic design approach is followed by the Data Modeling practice across the enterprise, breaking silos
• Responsible to define data modeling standard for environments (OLTP/OLAP), best practices, and standards for naming, security, and lifecycle. Make recommendations for standardization and data usage – champion the usage of business data and communicate the benefits and return on investment for application and product owners.
• Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
• Develops, documents, and rolls out policies and procedures. Communicates policies and procedures to the group and other project teams and enforces adherence to processes and procedures.
• Provides leadership with an on-going focus on reusability, scalability and innovation within the community of practice
• Provides guidance on the work of practitioners as related to the quality of product(s)/work being produced, delivered & speed of delivery / to market
• Create and maintain strategic capability by enhancing depth and integrity of system knowledge
• Enhance Modeler Capability assessment with a continuous learning approach to grow team expertise leveraging a curated training curriculum
• Assist the practice in moving from big-design-up-front (Waterfall) to emergent design (Agile)
• Look for opportunities to leverage learnings across projects and collaborates with delivery partners
• Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team
• Adopt and ensure full compliance with well-defined TD technology practices and standards and adopt industry best practices where applicable
• Actively participate in demand management and resourcing of delivery pods
• Set targets and objectives for the team, and deliver results
• Drives change through positive reinforcement of milestones and successes
• Provides people management leadership by hiring the best talent, setting goals, developing staff, managing employee performance and compensation decisions, promoting teamwork and handling any/all disciplinary actions, as required
• Grows team expertise to align with business/enterprise demand and direction; assess team skills and capabilities and continually look for ways to provide and enhance the value delivered
• Conducts formal performance reviews and provide on-going feedback; coach and develop employees and ensure performance management and development planning activities are undertaken and completed
• Foster an environment / culture that encourages productivity, innovation, process improvement, teamwork and a high level of professionalism
• Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
• 10+ Years of experience in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models
• Advance SQL skills
• Expert data modeler with banking/finance experience primarily FSDM models.
• Data modeling delivery experience leading large enterprise initiatives.
• Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience
• People leader who leads, mentors and coaches talent for progression. Ability to lead large team (>25) of employees, contractors (onsite/offshore).
• Leader who can drive standards working with Tech stakeholders and Architecture across all data modeling practices within DaaS
• This practice lead will oversee the enterprise data model build and advice on the build for scalability, governance and standardization
• Expertise in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models.
• Experience in translating/mapping relational data models into target Schemas for consumption.
• Hands – on experience with Powerdesigner and/or Erwin modeling tools.
• Familiarity with Azure Cloud tech stack a plus.
• Expert knowledge of the business, technology standards, managing people and projects.
• Advanced understanding of businesses and/or organizational practices/ disciplines.
• Strong knowledge of external competition, and/or market trends.
• Proven success in problem solving and coming up with strategies and plans for operational improvement.
• Analytical thinker with excellent communications and decision making skills.
• Agile delivery experience with Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket preferred.
• Six Sigma certifications and experience preferred
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.