We’re committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.
The TD Insurance General Insurance Product and Business Performance Management team has a mandate to identify and monitor new market and industry trends, develop a product roadmap to meet the needs of current and potential customers through a robust suite of automobile, recreational vehicles, and home products. This group plays a key role in defining and executing the product strategy and overall direction of the business with accountability for the P&L including profitability, volume, and market share.
- Minimum of 4 years of General Insurance experience;
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and analytical skills, problem resolution skills and understanding of performance metrics;
- Ability to leverage data availability by using programming skills to extract and analyze data;
- Expertise in Excel, including, but not limited to, working with complex formulas, pivot tables, VBA, etc.;
- Ability to program using a well-known programming language, such as SQL;
- Demonstrate strategic & innovative thinking – use of customer insights in approach to define business strategy;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of pricing, underwriting, and their interactions with the product profitability and offering;
- Demonstrate relationship building and leadership skills with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of impact and influence and by leveraging key relationships;
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities;
- Capacity to identify and evaluate business opportunities, as well as show excellent judgment;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Strong customer orientation and a professional approach with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization;
- Self-motivated, team player with high energy and ability to work independently;
- Strong knowledge of products and of the General Insurance market;
- Ability to innovate by challenging the status quo and think outside the box
- Undergraduate degree in actuarial science, business administration or related discipline
- Relevant experience in at least one of the following: Product Management, Pricing or Underwriting.
This position requires proficiency in a language other than French to support or deal with employees or colleagues who require services and support in a language other than French.
At TD we’re guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes … because when colleagues feel their best, they’re more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world’s leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
How We’re Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you’d like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!