Sr. Manager, Execution Assurance
September 6, 2017
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
Technology Risk Management and Information Security (TRMIS) is a group of technology, security and risk professionals in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K., focused on managing a comprehensive program to assess, prioritize, and mitigate business risk with technology controls.
The Cyber Security Team is responsible for protecting the Bank, customers and employees by mitigating and identifying technology threats to TD. Development of effective risk management programs help ensure TD’s best-in-class cyber security approach.
What We Stand For
The TRMIS program is continuously evolving to mitigate risks to the bank, including introducing new initiatives and improved defense. With a layered approach to protect customers, employees and the bank from cyber threats, TD manages, challenges and reviews technology controls for all business applications.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
Reporting to the VP, Business Strategy & PMO, Sr. Manager, PMO Execution & Quality Assurance is responsible for the leadership, planning and management of work activities requiring alignment across multiple TRMIS delivery teams. It requires the ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders across a broad spectrum of initiatives and functional domains. It will also require strong communication and organizational skills along with the ability to multi-task effectively across several responsibilities. The role will also be expected to work closely with the TRMIS PMO Leadership team and with ITS & EETS delivery partners. Accountabilities include:
- Establish overall governance and Control function; defining processes and structure across TRMIS PMO for management of Cyber Portfolio of Programs/Projects.
- Responsible to ensure all TRMIS teams are complying with the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management methodology (PDLC, Agile, Rapid) – by establishing a gating criteria, forecasts for all deliverables, estimates of scope and cost, along with business cases
- Develop strategies for adopting the EPMO Accelerated Delivery and Iterative Methodologies in TRMIS
- Provide an independent and objective oversight to the Program/Project Management Team with a mechanism to positively influence outcome of Programs/Projects
- Enhance the integration of the Business and IT Teams ensuring consistency & best practices
- Improve delivery of key initiatives through the implementation of a hybrid model of Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- Quality Assurance:
- Adherence to PDLC and ensure appropriate sign-offs
- Quality of Weekly Reports
- Adherence to Governance
- Health of Project Schedules
- Effective Critical Issues Management and Change Control
- Effective Resource Mgmt.
- Effective Financial Management (Business Case vs. Actual)
- Quality Control:
- Proactive Risk Assessment
- Trend Analysis
- Dependency Charts
- Performance Measures (establish KPIs for measuring success of initatives)
- Supporting rollout of Clarity Roadmap and improving data quality.
- Active participation in forums – internal and external – to maintain currency of knowledge and trends.
- Provide performance coaching and task support to all members of the team.
- Thought leadership on tools and practices to increase cost efficiency of execution
- Positive demeanor and the ability to influence team, peers, and executives while driving continuous improvements
- Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge trends/developments and develop expertise in TD processes, strategies, tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution delivery practices.
- Maintain an enterprise cross technology group perspective
- Develop and manage operational processes that are consistent across TRMIS
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Expert knowledge of Bank and project delivery practices (PDLC/SDLC)
- Strong Program/Project governance and delivery background
- Advanced and thorough understanding of businesses and/or organizational practices/ disciplines
- Ability to influence and impact without authority
- Ability to deal with complex analysis with conflicting priorities.
- Identify obstacles to success of initiatives and adjust/escalate appropriately.
- Comfortable working in an extremely dynamic environment.
- A change leader who is highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker, with strong conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A strong team-player with a passion to improve the business.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and ability to work independently.
- Excellent facilitator and negotiator with a proven track record as an excellent leader.
- Strong listening and influencing skills to foster an open, innovative and responsive environment and to drive change.
- Ability to operate at senior levels to develop effective responses to objectives.
- Promote and support an environment that encourages productivity, innovation, teamwork, and a high level of professionalism
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of banking technology in areas and ways you’ve never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.