Financial Services Representative Trainee (Chinese Lang. Skills Asset)
Retail Banking – Financial Services
April 27, 2018
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
TD Canada Trust is TD’s customer-focused personal and small business banking business. Serving more than 11 million customers nationally, TD Canada Trust provides a full range of financial products and services through its branch banking network, telephone, internet banking, and ‘TD Green Machine’ automated banking machines.
The Financial Services Representative understands customers’ banking needs and provides appropriate financial solutions. This includes new accounts, credit products, basic investment advice, and promoting all banking products and services to create a legendary customer experience. This role will contribute to the growth of the business by developing and deepening the new and existing customer relationships and will be responsible for meeting and exceeding specific, individual and team based business goals. The Financial Services Representative reports to the Branch Manager, Manager Financial Services or Manager Customer Service & Sales.
- Proactively demonstrate lobby leadership in the customer lounge, help & advice area and in self serve areas of the branch with the goal to deliver a legendary customer experiences and create a positive “First Impression’” by greeting and engaging them in a range of sales, service and informational conversations
- Provide sound advice at every customer interaction to create a positive customer experience
- Ensure customer problems are handled appropriately, escalating issues when necessary
- Ensure the customer area is professional and inviting in appearance
Develop and Manage the Team/ Teamwork
- Contribute to a positive working environment
- Actively participate in the performance management process
- Meet professional/personal development objectives by utilizing learning maps and external courses as required
- Engage in and complete all internal training requirements for your role
- Actively participate in regular meetings and coaching sessions
- Engage customers in conversation to understand and meet their current and future financial needs by proactively providing them with advice and appropriate products and services
- Contribute to the achievement of branch business objectives by meeting or exceeding individual sales goals
- Identify and refer customers to team members and internal Bank partners as appropriate
Internal Practices & Processes
- Contribute to the branch objective for Operational Excellence by adhering to Credit Compliance, audit and ROA visits, mutual fund compliance, credit compliance and non credit losses.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with Bank and industry codes of conduct and with securities laws and regulations
- Understand and apply bank/branch operating policies and procedures – including assisting with the branch opening and closing procedures on a rotational basis
- Ensure necessary due diligence is taken to support the accuracy of all customer transactions
Mandarin and/or Cantonese language skills are considered an asset for this opportunity.
Full mobility is required within the Greater Vancouver area, including North Vancouver, downtown, East & South Vancouver, Richmond and South Delta.
It is understood that you will have flexibility to work evenings and weekends when required on a rotational basis as part of the branch team.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.