Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Engineering covers a broad range of exercises and initiatives including requirements gathering, design specification, industry analysis, vendor engagement and analysis, software development, project management, financial management, test plans and execution, and operational standards implementation. Our highly-coveted Engineers are interspersed amongst many areas of focus: innovation, design, execution, maintenance, strategy, portfolio management. We call all of these things incredible learning opportunities and no two assignments are ever the same.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
The Associate Platform Engineer II is part of the Infrastructure and Platform Design team within Enterprise Information Management. Reporting to the Senior Manager; this role is responsible for designing, building and testing an automated and resilient Big Data infrastructure and platform for the Information Excellence program. This position must work proactively and effectively within EIM, ITS and other technology and business partners to provide technical direction, support, expertise and best practices in the systems and infrastructure that encompass the Information Excellence platform.
- Provide guidance to all delivery teams, ensuring all physical designs meet the IPD team’s strict fault-tolerant, scalable guidelines.
- Actively participates in POC/Design sessions and evaluates value added Hadoop tools and/or utilities to enhance the Hadoop platform and services.
- Contributes to the development of the Hadoop platform’s technical design and capability roadmap, including clearly documenting the various interdependencies to ensure all platform users can design and implement components/processes and capabilities in a seamless and expedient manner
- Responsible for analyzing business requirements and recommending optimal solutions within technology architecture.
- Develop and document system and infrastructure configurations utilizing the SDLC methodology.
- Participate in the preparation of system implementation plans and support procedures.
- Provide ongoing system automation management support to Information Excellence teams and related business partners.
- Accountability for platform performance and recommendations for platform performance tuning to meet the various delivery teams’ non-functional requirements
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Compentencies and Personal Attributes
- Post-secondary degree: Computer Science, Engineering or similar degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in system administration, information management, system automation and testing.
- A minimum of 1 year of Big Data and Hadoop experience preferred or strong proficiency in Linux shell scripting and system administration.
- Experience with information technology; data and systems management; knowledge of Unix/Linux especially RHEL is a requirement: Hadoop administration and utilities, Java, virtual environments, configuration and deployment automation; and knowledge of RESTful API-based web services is preferred but not mandatory.
- Demonstrated history of being self-motivated, energetic, results-driven, and executing with excellence
- Effective inter-personal skills working well with a fast moving team; able to build and maintain strong relationships with business and technology partners
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver on multiple complex projects on time.
- Understanding of Hadoop tools and utilities (HDFS, Pig, Hive, MapReduce, Sqoop, Flume, Spark, Kafka) and CDH.
- Good Understanding of Linux/Unix, especially RHEL.
- Working experience using a scripting language such as Bash, Python or Perl.
- Familiarity with using orchestration systems, and automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Saltstack.
- Knowledge of source code repository systems and data lineage standards. In addition, ability to use revision control systems such as Git.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration and common cybersecurity elements.
- Familiarity with networking, firewalls and load balancing.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure and Virtual Environments: KVM, Docker or Kubernetes.
- Ability to debug/trace Java or Scala code an asset
- Good understanding and experience on systems automation, scheduling, agile code promotion, system access and proactive system management (DevOps).
- Experience using RESTful API-based web services and applications.
- Database experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2 or Oracle.
- Experience in process analytics and process flow documentation.
- Proactive, organized, excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of banking technology in areas and ways you’ve never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.