Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Technology Delivery / Partner Management covers planning and delivery of functions or services within segment CIO groups and/or across Infrastructure Technology Solutions (ITS). While investing heavily in nurturing business, client and partner relationships for end-to-end delivery of technology solutions or services, these professionals also oversee and directly manage multiple specialized functional teams (e.g. Application Development, Solutions Designers, Business Systems Analysts, Support, Project Management etc.) and seamlessly manage ongoing infrastructure support and shared services to segment CIOs, business leaders and various TD stakeholders. Let’s not forget they communicate the technology organization’s overall book of work and manage stakeholder expectations. It’s a big and busy mandate.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
The Treasury Analytics Group (TAG) is looking for a Senior Technical Manager to lead the Cash Management Technology team, who over the next 2-3 years will be building the strategic bank wide intraday liquidity platform that will be leveraged by both funding operations and treasury department. The application will provide the capacity to measure expected daily gross liquidity inflows and outflows, anticipate the intraday timing of these flows, forecast the range of potential net funding shortfalls that might arise at different points during the day and have the capacity to monitor intraday liquidity positions against expected activities and available resources (balances, remaining intraday credit capacity, available collateral).
As technical lead you will be expected evolve the platform in Java using technologies like Hadoop, HBase, Spark and Tableau, drive technical designs, develop the platforms strategic architecture, lead decisions on strategic technologies, oversee software development, have a willingness to be hands on, oversee product releases, and all other engineering tasks. In addition to hiring, training, managing staff and delegating work assignments, as technical lead you would also be asked to collaborate with colleagues to identify and repair technical issues.
Aside from strong technical abilities, an ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, ability to motivate team members and know how to efficiently make important decisions. They should also have strong communication skills to oversee personnel and foster collaboration with other organizational departments. As technical lead you should display a high degree of adaptability in order to learn new technologies as needed and successfully manage the daily challenges of a technical environment
The ideal candidate would have capital markets transaction processing experience, understanding of intraday liquidity, payments processing and be able to work in close partnership with ambitious business and technology partners, project teams and stakeholders to help lead the agile development process.
Sitting in this position will help expand your knowledge, strengthen your expertise and introduce you to the inner workings of Cash Management alongside a team of seasoned, diversely-skilled technology and finance professionals. Our team is made up of dynamic and strong technical engineers, QA’s members, and BSA’s who build and maintain critical technology platforms in an Agile/Waterfall environment. You’ll be exposed to stretch assignments as you take on large-scale, complex and/or enterprise-wide projects.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degree preferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of business and bank technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, processes, applications, platforms, services) and managing/directing teams and projects.
- Willingness, motivation and ability to set work direction at an operational level, work autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborate with other business or technology leaders to establish and execute on common goals with a medium- to longer-term business perspective.
- Ability to oversee a sizeable and varied team of technology professionals (e.g., up to 50+ consisting of Application Developers, Solutions Designers, Business Systems Analysts, Specialists, and/or Project Managers) in an integrator role, covering end-to-end delivery of complex projects, system enhancements / applications and/or application or service management.
- Comfortable and capable of supporting a significant business area, product group, enterprise platform, service or capability under a segment CIO or technology functional area.
- Readiness to direct or manage large-scale applications and projects across multiple product lines and businesses, involving significant scope and complexity.
- Understanding of strategic direction (including financials) and champions alliances to benefit TD and/or department; advocates for operational improvements to enhance the division’s value to the organization.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.