Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD IT Operations is home to a team of highly-valued professionals recognized for both their customer-service mindsets and dedication to seamless 24-7 running of our infrastructure technologies. They also manage what we call the implementation and delivery life cycle for IT components across the various technology groups. Component installation, maintenance and decommissioning, operational or help desk support, system performance, capacity and availability monitoring, migration, emerging technology assessment, implementation, release management and deployment support – you name it.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
The Technology Response Management team, under ITS Operations, provides escalated 2nd level production technical support for the majority of ITS managed technologies and is accountable for day to day technology support and enhanced availability of TDBFG services. There are 4 teams within Tech Response with specific and focused accountabilities. As a member of the Database Response team, you will be responsible for technical support for the production and non-production environment for all technologies managed by the team. Specific focus will be around the distributed Database Management Systems administrations, primarily distributed DB2, managing availability, data integrity, and security of the production environment. The IT Database Administrator works closely with our ITS peers and the Incident Management team, and will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of all elements to successfully manage, tune, and resolve issues in complex systems within the bank’s distributed server based environment.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have Mandatory qualifications include excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Candidate must be organized, self-motivated, as well as a team player and be able to participate in the knowledge transfer of information with peers and management. Mandatory technical skills include:
- Minimum 5 years of DBA working experience building, deploying and administering distributed DB2 and Sybase database management system
- Sound knowledge of database auditing, audit logging, creating benchmark for audit points.
- Experience with database security and database encryption
- Sound knowledge of users access and database privileges
- Experience with deploying database security patches and remediation of database vulnerabilities.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Thorough working knowledge of the different versions of DB2 (8 & 9) on UNIX or Linux operating systems
- Thorough working knowledge of the different versions of Sybase ASE (12.5 & 15) on UNIX or Linux operating systems
- Experience applying DB2 and Sybase maintenance fix packs
- Experience with diagnosing and tuning performance issues as they relate to DB2 and Sybase
- Experience with database utilities and backup tools (Tivoli Storage Manager)
- Experience with performing backup and recovery for both application tablespaces and catalogue tablespaces
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting
- Experience with Sybase Replication Server
- Minimum 3 years experience with large Data Warehousing environments
- Comfortable with working in a rapidly changing, technically complex environment.
- Proficiency with MS office product suite (Word, Excel PowerPoint etc.).
The following qualifications are considered as assets:
- Knowledge of general cloud computing technologies
- Experience with open source databases specifically MongoDB and Cassandra
- Familiarity with Hadoop
- Technical knowledge of TDBFG legacy business applications
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN).
- Familiarity with DBMS capacity management solutions
- Familiarity with the CA-7 enterprise batch scheduling solution
- Familiarity with ETL solutions
- Familiarity with the other DBMS (Oracle, SQL, Essbase)
The successful applicant must have a solid understanding of Incident, Change, and Problem Management methodologies as well as solid experience in a large Production environment.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.