Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
This role is part of the Shared Services Data & Analytics group supporting the Customer Assistance business. The Customer Assistance business is a Centre of Excellence responsible for the collection and recovery efforts for all retail products in Canada, including credit cards, auto finance, real estate secured lending, personal loans, small business accounts and unsecured line of credit. The mission is to build customer loyalty by providing solutions to help customers solve their financial problems. The business is highly customer focused and data driven, and is embarking on an exciting multi-year transformation plan to deliver a more consistent and integrated customer experience, enabled by data analytics and technology.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Information Management (BIM), this role is responsible for managing data strategy and business information across the Customer Assistance (CA) data domain.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze and understand business and data requirements to develop complete business solutions in localized data marts and enterprise data lake, including data models (entity relationship diagrams, dimensional data models), business rules, data life-cycle management, governance, lineage, metadata and reporting elements.
- Apply automation and innovation on data platforms and any new development projects / initiatives aligned to business or organizational strategies
- Design and implement complex business data information management frameworks to provide a solution that meets business requirements
- Collaborate with various technology/business/project teams to understand business data and provide analysis and requirements to ensure the data design / development initiatives are in line with the planned design and standards
- Implement automation processes aligned to data information management standards and ensure data quality and requirements are developed
- Provide support throughout data lifecycle to resolve data issues and support user community by helping users interpret the data
- Identify and/or define knowledge transfer and data expertise activities to support business teams using the information management solutions.
- Ensure business operations are in compliance with applicable internal and external requirements ( e.g. financial controls, segregation of duties, transaction approvals and physical control of assets)
- Participate in cross-functional / enterprise / initiatives as a subject matter expert helping to identify risk / provide guidance for complex data solutions
- Conduct meaningful analysis at the functional or enterprise level using results to draw conclusions, make recommendations, assess the effectiveness of programs/ policies/ practices.
What can you bring to TD? Share your most relevant experience, credentials and knowledge for this role, as well as these essential requirements and attributes:
- Undergraduate degree and/or 5+ years of relevant experience working in a statistical, mathematical, computer science, or financial background
- In-depth knowledge of data warehousing methodologies
- Highly proficient in writing DDL/DML and queries (SQL, Python, or R) in order to analyze and validate data
- Strong experience with SSIS ETL tool
- Strong experience in Big Data technologies and integration tools such as Talend
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and team player with strong collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver scalable solutions on multiple projects.
- Experience with Talend ETL tool (must-have skill)
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.