Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Service Continuity Operations has full accountability for ongoing support for all data centers infrastructure and associated applications across North America. SCO interfaces with Infrastructure Technology Solutions (ITS) areas including Architecture, Engineering, Business Management & Strategic Programs, Employee Technology and Network Services as well as CIO groups such as Corporate Office, Canada Trust, Wealth Management, Wholesale Banking, TD Insurance General Insurance (TDIGI) and U.S. businesses. SCO also provides support to other technical support groups and external service providers
As a member of the Technology Response Database team (Oracle), you will be responsible for technical support for all the environments (prod and non-prod) for all technologies managed by the team. Specific focus will be around the distributed Database Management Systems administrations, primarily Oracle Server including Oracle Exadata appliance servers, managing availability, data integrity, and security of the database servers. The IT Database Administrator works closely with our ITS peers in different teams such as Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Apps deploy and Build team, and will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of all elements to successfully manage, tune, and resolve issues in complex systems within the bank’s distributed server-based environment.
Mandatory qualifications include excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Candidate must be organized, self-motivated, as well as a team player and be able to participate in the knowledge transfer of information with peers and management. Mandatory technical skills include:
- Minimum 5 years of DBA working experience building, deploying and administering distributed Oracle database management system
- Sound knowledge of database auditing, audit logging, creating benchmark for audit points.
- Experience with database security and database encryption
- Sound knowledge of users access and database privileges
- Experience with deploying database security patches and remediation of database vulnerabilities.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with installation, configuration and maintenance for 9i/10g/11g/12c RAC and 10g/11g/12c ASM
- Experience of Running Oracle12c on Cloud such as Rackspace and VMWARE.
- Solid experience with Oracle cloud at customer and/or Oracle Public cloud, Oracle on Rackspace and Vmware.
- Experience with the building, configuring, monitoring, and implementation of Oracle DataGuard technology.
- Strong RMAN backup/recovery experience on very large databases.
- Hands-on experience with Oracle performance analysis using Statspack, SQL tracing, etc
- Expert experience in troubleshooting and resolving urgent/critical incidents on production systems.
- Expertise in managing Oracle database in Linux/Solaris/AIX
- Experience with UNIX shell and Python scripting
- Experience with Oracle Exadata Appliance servers
- Experience with OEM, 12c or 13c (Oracle Enterprise Manager)
- Experience with PostGresql and PEM (PostGresql Enterprise Manager)
- Experience with database utilities and backup tools (Tivoli Storage Manager)
- Experience with performing backup and recovery for both application tablespaces and catalogue tablespaces
- Comfortable with working in a rapidly changing, technically complex environment.
Proficiency with MS office product suite (Word, Excel PowerPoint etc.).
The following qualifications are considered as assets:
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN).
- Familiarity with the Autosys enterprise batch scheduling solution
- Familiarity with ETL solutions
- Familiarity with the other DBMS (DB2-LUW, MongoDB & Sybase)
- Familiarity with Veritas Cluster system
- Experience with System/Project development life cycle.
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX Server operating systems
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN).
- Familiarity with DBMS capacity management solutions
- Experience with Database Development life cycle.
- The successful applicant must have a solid understanding of Incident, Change, and Problem Management methodologies as well as solid experience in a large Production environment
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.