About TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com.
The TD Bank Career Relaunch Program is designed for professionals who have not been in the workforce for at least two years due to various life events who are looking to transition back into a professional setting. Participants of the program will go through a dynamic 16 week experience and be provided with training, mentoring, and the opportunity for Full -Time Employment upon the conclusion of the program.
Successful applicants will have:
• A career break of 2 or more years and are ready to relaunch their career
• 5 or more years of Commercial Banking experience as a credit analyst, portfolio manager, account manager, lender or relationship manager
• Interest and availability to take a full-time position with TD Bank following the 16-week program
• Ability to work in the NY metro area
The Relationship Manager I role services the needs of the commercial banking business, customizing a broad range of products and services to meet the financial needs of TD’s customers. The job is responsible to acquire, develop and manage commercial banking relationships by providing customized solutions across different commercial segments to build a strategy that is right for the customer now, and in the future with a focus on growing the portfolio by providing financial solutions and developing new business from both existing and new customers.
The role is a trusted advisor who, with sensitivity to the customer’s operating environment, structures and packages practical and competitive solutions that demonstrate an understanding of their financing, cash management and overall business needs to add value to the customer’s portfolio
• Experienced professional with a focus on providing business development, customer relationship management and/or sales advisory support within their own area of specialtyMust be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
• Originates and monitors a variety of more routine, less complex loans
• Requires an in-depth understanding of products/ services and key competitors
• Identifies referral opportunities across business lines and segments
• Understands the business and technical principles that underpin the design and delivery of the products and services provided
• Possesses a solid understanding of the business, the competitive landscape and economic/market issues
• May serve as a product or customer segment knowledge resource
• Coordinates the identification, pursuit or management of accounts/ opportunities with others while taking a primary role in managing the relationship
• Solves moderately complex problems by taking a new perspective on existing product and service solutions
• Exercises judgment in planning and developing customized account management processes; focuses on customizing advice and solutions
• Puts solutions in context when presenting complex alternatives and framing advice
• Work performed under minimal management guidance and supervision
• Identify and leads customer problem resolution
• Generally reports to a Senior Manager or above
• Undergraduate degree
• 3+ years relevant experience
• Credit and financial analysis skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• PC skills.
• Developing knowledge of commercial business development techniques and credit decisions.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.