About TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com.
The Manager Experience Design creates digital customer experiences and applications which satisfy customer needs and TD’s business goals. This job works to understand business requirements, leverages user research and leads the translation of conceptual ideas into compelling digital experiences. The Manager Experience Design oversees an Experience Design team which is responsible for designing the digital customer experience. The team works with Marketing, Technology and other teams both inside and outside the Online Channel to identify and develop business opportunities.
• Plays a key leadership role by spearheading design strategy at project level for the Digital Customer Experience group
• Collaborates with business, marketing, and technical stakeholders to develop concepts for web sites, web applications, and mobile offerings
• Ensures design output meets the Online Channels vision of world-class customer experiences
• Provides consulting expertise to identify user needs, perform relevant analysis and provide recommendations
• Oversees and drives the creation of the navigation and organization for company websites and related interactive applications
• Applies user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business objectives and technology capabilities into world-class user experiences
• Oversees and/or develops design deliverables (customer paths, site maps, screen flows, navigation, wireframes, and interaction designs) to define the customer experience
• Creates A/B and other test plans, analyzes results and recommends improvements
• Leads and directs design teams from project concept to completion
• Plans and estimates for simple to complex projects
• Performs risk/issue management and resolution
• Creates presentations for senior management that clearly and concisely present analysis and recommendations
• Contributes to the development of the Digital Customer Experience groups culture and quality standards
• Develops and maintains good relationships with project partners (e.g. groups outside the Online Channel, vendors)
• Translates marketing and business objectives into design strategies
• Ensures the integration of a customer-centric approach (e.g. personas, usability heuristics & testing, contextual inquiries, behavioral analytics) to inform design solutions
• On-going education of business partners in the area of customer experience design
• Collaborates with groups outside the Online Channel to identify and develop new business opportunities
• Attracts, recruits, and retains design talent. Provides oversight and mentorship to designers
• Seeks out current industry knowledge and educates team members
• Bachelor’s degree or work experience equivalent to Bachelor’s degree required (related field is preferred; multidisciplinary backgrounds such as psychology, computer science, human-computer interaction or related areas)Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
• At least 5-10 years information architecture/experience design within digital media (web sites / applications / mobile apps)
• Experience in financial services is preferred but not mandatory
• Previous work experience in one of the creative disciplines (visual design, copy-writing, content strategy and/or interaction design) but has grown to a level at which they have a broad understanding of all of them
• Self-motivated with exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly in both written, diagrammatic and presentation form to internal development teams, designers and business stakeholders
• The ability to multi-task, meet tight timelines, and be flexible in adapting processes to meet project needs
• Highly proficient in MS Office and Interaction Design related software packages (e.g. Visio, Axure)
• Knowledge of online marketing, advertising and other interactive experiences, with proven conceptual and design abilities
• Ability to innovate and problem solve
• Know when its appropriate to follow design patterns and when its good to stretch a pattern or break the convention within TD Bank governance model
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate well in a team environment
• Strong understanding of user-centered design methods and principles
• Strong understanding of all the creative disciplines (visual design, copy-writing, content strategy and interaction design)
• Experience leading creative teams from concept to conclusion on large-scale, long-term projects
• This person should be passionate about usability and the user experience, enthusiastic about solving challenges in a collaborative environment and eager to grow the design team to new heights of excellence
• Experience managing and leading design professionals (in house and outside agencies)
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.