About TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com.
At TD Engineering, we are building the next generation of internal products focused on enabling seamless engineering experiences to build a world-class engineering practice. The Developer Experience team will work to give new developers access to tools on day one, reusable patterns to deploy software within 24 hours and grow a community to support them. We embrace an open-source culture that attracts and develops contributors internally and externally. Our team will be the first customer of shared engineering services to ensure it works at scale. The team is constantly evolving and below are some example role timelines to delight our customers, the TD Engineer.
About This Role
You are a capable senior Engineer/Architect. You will not be coding every day. You can represent your team comfortably in any conversation. You grok the developer experience and how to evaluate priorities by the weighted shortest job first.
We are looking for someone to oversee, lead and manage a team of specialized engineering professionals in implementing and delivering solutions that align with business needs, technology strategies and emerging industry standards. Planning, evaluating, recommending, designing, operating and supporting solutions – the list goes on! There’s meaningful work everywhere you turn.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager.
Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Draw on your deep technology expertise to ensure that all TD areas that provision, manage and support various technologies have what they need (tools, processes and documentation) to operate effectively.
- Execute on Engineering strategy by introducing tools and automating build, test, release and configure activities across applications, platform and infrastructure.
- Partner with the Operations team to automatically integrate with the right tools and processes as part of automated/self-serve application, platform or infrastructure releases.
- Act as the expert or lead innovator and ‘change agent’ for programs or services under management.
- Anticipate internal/external business and regulatory issues; recommend process/product/organizational improvements.
- Manage resource requirements and assignments, make sure project milestones are met, schedules are on track and within budget.
- Oversee business expenses and FTE plans and ensure controls in place to monitor, effectively track and manage to established plans.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of external development, engineering and emerging solutions, market conditions and their impact.
- Provide overall team leadership, training, coaching, development, succession, recruitment and resource management and provide on-going feedback and input into performance assessment and development plans for each team member.
- Clearly define and communicate strategies, objectives and accountabilities to team members and continually provide and enhance value delivered to business and internal partners.
- Apply expert technical skills to gain strong understanding of the team’s product (about half of your time will focus on technical issues).
Other duties as assigned: Driving Requirements, Travel Requirements
What can you bring to TD?
- extensive experience working in a hybrid in-person/remote model of high-level asynchronous communication
- an ease to managing agile teams, delivering products quickly and driving iterative processes.
- experience with growth hacking.
- grit to get things done in a large organization.
- comfort with ambiguity, impediments, and occasional chaos.
- ability to work autonomously, insulating your team from noise and keeping peers and leadership informed about progress and impediments.
- bar raising in everything you do. Question and listen, actively address problems you identify and own your work.
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- be curating and improving our onboarding experience firsthand and in real-time.
- meet with peers and leaders across the company to gain a sense of the team and how we partner with others in the organization to get things done.
- grow the team through your network, developing our new bar raising program.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- present your product roadmap to the TD Engineering Community at our TD Engineering Townhall.
- establish cadence for feedback from the team, 1 on 1’s and external requests.
- update leadership on progress with real-time team, product and engineering metrics.
- start partnering across TD Engineering to find extra capacity and motivated product teams to solve cross-cutting concerns.
- win the hearts of our engineers by simplifying and improving their day-to-day.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- conduct performance reviews and lead your reports through a comp review cycle.
- start partnering across TD to achieve bigger wins together.
- define the standard ways of working and grow engineering practices across the organization.
- work with peers to understand where we should be investing and doubling down.
Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.