Store Supervisor – Peabody, MA (South Peabody)
Retail Banking – Customer Service
May 25, 2023
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing over 9.8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at more than 1,100 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Auto Finance, a division of TD Bank, N.A., offers vehicle financing and dealer commercial services. TD Bank and its subsidiaries also offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.td.com/us. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US and www.twitter.com/TDNews_US.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; paid time off and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Store Supervisor supervises day-to-day team activities to ensure operational excellence and compliance with policies and procedures to
mitigate risk and protect the Bank and Customers. This role will drive, reinforce, and demonstrate meeting Operational, Customer and Sales
objectives. In the absence of any other manager, the Store Supervisor is expected to manage the Store and have the ability to run the teller
side, platform, and Customer escalations. The role supports driving a team in acquiring, retaining and deepening relationships by reinforcing
sales & advice activities that create personalized, connected experiences.
Depth & Scope:
- Provides supervisory oversight to a team of advice and service colleagues in the achievement of individual and Store
objectives that result in legendary Customer and colleague experiences
- Provides day-to-day team leadership and work direction to ensure effective/efficient delivery of personalized/complex service
and advice activities and/or solutions while maintaining compliance and regulatory guidelines
- Closely monitors workflows for the teller team and platform, prioritizing tasks and delegating duties and responsibilities
- Work focus time horizon is generally short term with low to moderate risk
- Demonstrates understanding of bank operational policies, procedures and regulations and establishes expectations, delegates tasks as appropriate and educates the team on how they play a part in managing risk and protecting TD Bank, Employees and our Customers
- Drives operational excellence in the Store, including but not limited to cash handling, vault management, control of negotiable items, preventing fraud, managing controllable expenses, promoting integrity, Customer privacy and Employee safety
- Demonstrates proficiency with instructing others in performing a variety of transactions; performs advice functions including account openings and consumer loans
- Requires knowledge and understanding of a range of products, services, and processes to have ownership/oversight of simple to complex daily branch administrative duties to include operational excellence and Customer resolution
- Provides day-to-day team leadership, work direction, coaching to ensure effective and efficient delivery of service/advice activities and/or solutions while maintaining operational compliance in Store cash controls and procedures as well as regulatory guidelines
- Coaches Teller and platform team on financial transactions, Customer experience, effective referral opportunities and operational excellence
- Supervises activities related to the Teller line and platform from Operations, Customer Experience and advice activities; including Teller and platform Coaching and performing effective lobby leadership
- Partners with Store Leadership to achieve both Store and individual performance metrics
Education & Experience:
- 2 year degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years related experience required
- Previous supervisory or demonstrated ability in providing direction, decision making, coaching Oversight of Customer Service Representative and Teller experience
- Proven ability to meet and exceed Customers’ expectations
- Strong organization skills to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Application of sound judgment in making decisions
- Demonstrated vault management and drawer settlement competency in accordance with Teller Operational Standards
- Sound judgment in decision making and problem solving
- Ability to multi-task and maintain order in the Store
- Good working knowledge of Outlook, Lotus Notes, Word and Excel
- Strong working knowledge of all operational systems and databases
- Ability to supervise and lead others
- Ability to provide community services
- Must maintain an active registration status with NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry)
- Notary License (preferred)
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.