About TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com.
This role will report to the Head of Accounting Policy and assist in the delivery of technical accounting guidance to the Bank’s business and control functions. Essential to the success of this position is an individual with an in-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP and strong analytical and communication skills who can provide decision support on various topics impacting the banking industry
• Manages the interpretation and analysis of business results, providing contextual and other consultative support for assigned line(s) of business
• Reviews Company and business line processes and procedures. Identifies areas with potential for improvement. Researches, or directs the research into possible solutions to identified issues. Works with line of business to develop and implement improvements. Monitors performance under new processes to ensure improvement objectives are being achieved. Makes or recommends changes as necessary
• Develops staff analytical and consultative capability. Challenges staff capabilities with more complex projects, providing support and training as necessary.
• Monitors overall financial analysis, planning, and reporting efforts to ensure adherence to finance policies and any applicable regulations. Reviews policies and makes recommendations for changes to increase business effectiveness and efficiency while ensuring the continuance of proper controls.
• Lead and direct the development and maintenance of U.S.GAAP accounting policies;
• Lead development of comment letters related to emerging GAAP and financial reporting;
• Identify accounting issues and resolve them in a timely manner for various transactions while keeping manager updates of status; escalate as appropriate.;
• Track and influence standard setters in developing US GAAP accounting guidance;
• Review and opine on U.S. GAAP accounting treatment for all new business transactions as well as significant non routine (or, complex) transactions that require interpretation;
• Represent the Bank in various accounting-focused industry groups ;
• Assist in the preparation of external financial reports;
• Prepare and deliver presentations to facilitate firm-wide education of new or changing accounting requirements to ensure that management understands the impact of new standards and regulations;
• Ensure that financial statement presentation remains current with changes in accounting and disclosure standards;
• Provide guidance to business managers on the appropriateness of the accounting for specific transactions, particularly with respect to new products;
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank’s HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.