About TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com.
The Quantitative Analyst will play a key role in the development and implementation of advanced quantitative approaches to meet new CECL accounting standard requirements for Retail Credit portfolios for TD Group US Holding Company (TDGUS). In addition, the Quantitative Analyst will provide highly specialized quantitative analytical and modeling support for Retail Credit portfolios to achieve Financial (measurement, forecasts and business budgets) and Credit estimates that support portfolio and executive strategies and decisions.
Remote location option will be considered.
• Possesses analytical and financial expertise to build and implement allowance methodology to meet the CECL requirements.
• Plays key role in development and implementation of CECL allowance methodology using Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD), and Exposure at Default (EAD) models, and leveraging in-depth understanding of the whole function, including business areas, CECL accounting and regulatory rules.
• Develops specialized analytical tools for projects or ongoing use.
• Reviews model results and identifies unexpected results, including diagnosis and documentation of root cause.
• May manage the development of conclusions and courses of action to rectify discrepancies as well as analyses to be presented to management for aid in decision-making processes.
• Supports several decision-making committees for the retail credit and portfolio management approaches.
• Performs quality control functions to refine models by identifying process design opportunities, system errors, missed steps or performance issues.
• Performs hands-on modeling in the entire lifecycle, in accordance with TD’s internal framework, including exploration of best practice modeling techniques for model enhancement
• Provides financial, analytical, planning, and forecasting expertise to assist in the development and completion of projects
• May lead additional research efforts, applying expertise in statistical analysis and modeling.
• Graduate degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience belowMust be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
• 4-7 years modeling or analytics experience required. Credit forecasting experience, including allowances and CCAR within Retail financial institutions is a big plus
• Strong analytical and SAS skills required. Experience with R, Python, Matlab and other programming languages valuable. Experience with Macro programming valuable.
• Proven ability to employ complex analytical tools and statistics to perform analysis and forecasting of financial and other business information
• Analytical experience in and knowledge of CECL /IFRS 9 / GAAP allowance processes highly desirable.
• Proven interpersonal and consultative communication skills with well-developed presentation and writing skills.
• Ability to effectively interpret, select appropriate techniques, take independent action, communicate, and follow-through
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities effectively, making good decisions based on business priorities and objectives
• Comprehensive practical knowledge of quantitative forecasting models, financial analysis techniques and methodologies
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial analysis and planning software applications
• Ability to successfully plan, develop, lead, and execute projects
• Proficiently use Microsoft Office tools to prepare and present analysis results to the audience
Remote Location option will be considered.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.