About TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com.
The Treasury Analytics Group is embarking on a brand new initiative to build the next generation strategic platform for risk, valuations and analytics to meet the growing and future needs of the department. This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies including Big Data and NoSQL databases (Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, SPARK and MongoDB) to allow the business to gain advanced insight into their portfolios and valuation metrics
The Senior Java Developer is a key asset to the TDS Treasure Analytics Group and sits in the development team to build out platform and aggregation services, rules engines, analytics services as well as business functionality to the platform. These services will be exposed via rest API’s to other components of the platform.
• Responsible for measurement and management of market risk (interest rate and foreign exchange) for the Bank’s retail portfolios
• Develops financial models and processes required for measuring, transfer pricing, hedging product profitability, and financial management reporting.
• Responsible for the optimization and performance tuning to optimize for low latency and very large data sets.
• Leads all aspects of the application development life-cycle including gathering business requirements, system design, development, testing and deployment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2-5 years of solid computer science fundamentals with a background in building applications in Java on Linux
• Familiarity with building multi-threaded applications, and some understanding of distributed systems like Spark/Storm, messaging platforms like Kafka, Rabbit MQ etc., would be a plus.
• Strong development experience; Hadoop/HBase/Spark API’s is a huge plus
• Familiar with building REST API’s and connecting to SQL databases (SQL Server).
• Ability to write well-structured and maintainable code and work in a fast agile development model
• Strong communication skills
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.