About TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com.
The Regional Healthcare Credit Management Team supports the Healthcare Practice Solutions Group (HPSG) Line of Business in underwriting/approving loans to majority owned healthcare borrowers (typically, dental, veterinarian and medical practice) that derive revenue from the treatment of patients. These credit facilities rely on Healthcare Practice Value (HPV) lending limits that are assessed/validated by the Credit Management team. A combined approach of evaluating the financial positions of both the practice and the practitioner(s) personally is an integral part of the underwriting process. This approach is used primarily because the HC practitioner:
• Typically extracts all profit through salaries, benefits and distributions,
• Personally guarantees the debt
• Typically carries a high personal debt load (inclusive of student loan obligations).
The intent of this underwriting approach is primarily to determine the appropriate amount of credit that may be extended to a Healthcare borrower based on a holistic assessment of HPV and their capacity for cash flow generation and global debt repayment.
The Credit Analyst III is responsible for conducting in-depth industry and financial analysis of existing and potential borrowers. This job works cooperatively to support the Lending and Credit functions of the Bank.
• Responsible for complex loans/industries/Customers.
• Works independently.
• Strong understanding of loan risk factors.
• May train/mentor/coach junior analysts.
• Researches industry specific information from outside sources, which may include conversation with Borrowers, industry publications, area libraries, references from other banks, credit agencies, as well as accessing information through the Internet.
• Participates in Customer meetings and make direct inquiry for specific Customer information based on prior research, experience and knowledge (may require travel at times).
• Integral part of loan origination process. Responsible for performing underwriting analysis of Borrower’s character, credit worthiness and financial condition.
• Supports the lending function by providing analytical support.
• Prepares insightful and timely approval memorandums for presentation to appropriate lending and credit authorities.
• Thoroughly analyzes financial statements, management profiles, business and product cycles, cash flow ability, collateral, agings, etc. of future and existing Customers to identify trends, measure performance, assess financial strength and develop an assessment of credit risk.
• Prepares complete written analysis with appropriate recommendations for approval, denial and alternative structure when necessary.
• Maintains credit files, monitors data such as updated financial statements and prepares updated analysis memos.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Provides written analysis that identifies any deviations from the Company Commercial Loan Policy and becomes familiar with alternative structures in order to reduce credit risk.
• Achieves operational performance standards in quality and timeliness.
• Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.